APPLIES TO ALL PRODUCTS AND/OR COMPONENTS AND/OR SERVICES IN ALL HOFFMANN GROUP COMPANIES, HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS ‘THE COMPANY’ INCLUDING BUT NOT RESTRICTED TO HOFFMANN POWER (PTY) LTD, ALL DIESEL POWER PRODUCTS (PTY) LTD, LINK-IT INTERNATIONAL (PTY) LTD
This policy to be read in conjunction with The Hoffmann International Group Standard Conditions of Sale which apply to all goods and services.
IMPORTANT PROCEDURES AND CHECKS TO NOTE
1. Any failure for whatever reason of any engine or component must be thoroughly checked by the Selling Dealer or Purchaser, as to probable cause of failure, including ascertaining :
That the application is correct
2. No items, engines or components, may be returned for credit or warranty repair unless prior agreement has been obtained from the Company in writing.
The company is not liable for any transport to and/or from its works for whatever reason, and is not liable for any contingent liability in any form or for whatever reason.
Any items agreed in writing to be returned to the company for warranty checking must be accompanied by the prescribed form which must include the serial number of the unit and original invoice number – and if necessary should include a detailed report of the reason or suspected reason for the relative failure.
3. Warranty repairs or parts replacement, fair wear and tear excluded, are limited to actual parts and/or components, which in the opinion of the Company have failed, and does not and cannot include for labour which, if necessary, at the sole discretion of the company, will be for the claimant’s account.
4. The Company will try to complete such warranty inspections, report and where agreed, repair and/or replace parts in as quick a time as possible, but cannot guarantee to complete in any specific time period.
5. All matters agreed to relative to claims or potential claims must be put in writing.
6. Electrical equipment, and components such as recoil starters that are under possible warranty replacement are subject to consideration for a maximum period of three months from date of invoice and supply from the company, and then only after inspection by our workshop to ensure that it is a genuine manufacturer's fault and not a spike in the electrical current or similar.
7. Plant Hire and Construction companies – warranty maximum of 6 months from date of ‘company’ invoice.
8. Where the warranty is from the customer of a reselling dealer, consideration will be given to the date on which the reselling dealer sold the item to his customer. The maximum warranty period would be one year from date of reselling dealer’s sale to his customer (copy of invoice to be supplied) or 18 months from ‘company’ invoice date, whichever is soonest.